Iron Ore Mining
The resource is located along the top of a ridge over an area approximately 200m wide x 3km long. The iron ore outcrops at surface and the ore body thickness varies from 3-15m deep. The project had a confirmed mine life of four years based on a production rate of 1.5 Mt per annum of high-grade direct shipping ore (DSO),
- Production rate is approximately 160,000 tonnes of saleable low-grade ore a month.
- Ore is mined at the Ridges mine site, crushed and screened and then trucked to the BLF (Barge loading facility).
- Road trains transport the ore to the barge loading facility (BLF) at the Port of Wyndham
- Ore is loaded via conveyor on land at the BLF to barges which take ~5,000 of ore (therefore an average shipment of 55k tonnes of ore required 10 to 11 barge loads).
- The barges are taken by tugboats from the BLF to the vessel which is only ~ 2km from the BLF anchored in the deepest section of the channel and then tethered to the ship.
- The ore from the barges is loaded to the ship using grabs from cranes located on the vessel.
A cargo of 55,000 tonnes per shipment leaves the Port of Wyndham every 10 days
Ridges Project Layout
Ship Loading Operations